Thursday, 6 November 2014

Requiem and Crimson Day

Well, kinda hard to decide what good lyric post for this month. Yea, for some, maybe this is not an important thing, haha. But I just wanna try to write post about all labels on this blog. So it would just like small online magazine. Haha, okay, it’s better for me to stop this crap talk. :D


Source

Nah, so when I re-open some old files I ever have, I found Hail to the King Album by Avenged Sevenfold. Yea, you know that’s a new album of them. I got that album from Ez, thanks. Well as I ever told you before in my some-long-ago post, I am a fan of this band. I keep a hope for watching their live concert one day. Yaiyy \(^_^)/

Then one day in Friday morning, I wake up and do some sleepy-stuff. I opened my lappy and began to write something or ahh I’m kinda forget what I did at that time. But yea, while doing that, I also tried to listen to all song of Hail to the King. Well as the result, I got stuck to these two songs: Requiem and Crimson Day.

Source

Okay, let’s talk first about Requiem. What make me interested with this song are its music and the way M. Shadow sing this song. Well full of energy and ahh Rock Man! Besides, there’s also a part of its lyric in Latin language. So it’s just kinda unique to hear. It’s very interesting song for my ear. About the content of its lyric hmm it’s kinda dark one. Haha, but just don’t take it too much. Just enjoy it as a song to entertain your mood. Here’s the lyric of this song:


[Latin chants:]
Prodigia comploratus
Silens, oro
Regnet exitium.
[English translation:
"Wonders mourning
Silent, I pray
Reign destruction."]

 

Days of warning
Night brings mourning
My prayers wordless
Heaven is burning down

 

I walk stricken
Pitch-black vision
Oh One, save me
Caress my weary eyes

 

Darkest Lord
Your mercy shall I gain
Strike the match
Engulf the earth in flames, in flames, in flames, in flames

 

Nature quaking
Prophets aching
I kneel faithful
Damnation cracks the sky

 

My heart fiction
Superstition
Your grace deathless
Give life to my last breath

 

Darkest Lord
Your mercy shall I gain
Strike the match
Engulf the earth in flames, in flames, in flames, in flames

 

Grant them eternal rest, oh Lord
Embrace them into your army of undead
Strike with vengeance those who oppose your will
And lay waste to all those who shall be sent before you
Walk with them and shield them from the blinding light of servitude
And devastate your enemies as they die by your hand.
Amen


[Latin chants:]
Prodigia comploratus
Silens, oro
Regnet exitium.
[English translation:
"Wonders mourning
Silent, I pray
Reign destruction."]

 

Rise from ashes
Violent clashes
My soul, vacant
Cleanse me of all this sin

 

I stand guilty
I bleed filthy
Born of fire
Savor this final hour

 

Darkest Lord
Your mercy shall I gain
Strike the match
Engulf the earth in flames, in flames, in flames, in flames

Okay another one is Crimson Day. Hmm I’m not sure, but maybe it’s a ballad. This song has a long lyric but still catchy one. The story of this song is about regret feeling of someone and a hope for getting the second chance. Yea, if you get the second change just don’t waste it. Because that might be your last chance. We never told about the third chance, by the way. Well, here is the lyric:


Dark years, brought endless rain,
Out in the cold I lost my way.
But storms won't last, they clear the air,
For something new.
The sun came out and brought you through.
A lifetime full of words to say,
A hope that time will slow the passing day.

 

I've been wrong times over,
And I've been shamed with no words to find.
But if the sun will rise, bring us tomorrow,
Walk with me, crimson day.

 

Don't speak, no use for words
Lie in my arms, sleep secure.
I wonder what you're dreaming of, lands rare and far,
A timeless flight to reach the stars.
A lifetime full of words to say,
A hope that time will slow the passing day.

 

I've been wrong times over,
And I've been shamed, with no words to find.
But if the sun will rise, bring us tomorrow,
Walk with me, crimson day.

 

I've come so far to meet you here,
To share this life with one I hold so dear.
And I won't speak but what is true,
The world outside created just for you,
It's for you, for you.

 

I've been wrong times over,
And I've been shamed with no words to find.
But if the sun will rise, bring us tomorrow,
Walk with me crimson day.

Yup, just enjoy those songs if you want to. In my eyes, that band is just so awesome, haha. See you on the next post, insha-Allah. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment